Friday 4 October 2013

Oatmeal-Currant Cookies for Dad

Mom and I experimented together in the kitchen today with these oatmeal-currant cookies. 

You must think I am quite the cookie monster with all these recipes for cookies lately, but I swear that these aren't just for me alone. The benefactors of my recent cookie spree are many! 

Indeed, these cookies are more for my father, who was appalled by the healthiness of my carrot cake "cookies" and demanded something sweeter that actually tasted like a cookie. He loves oatmeal cookies with raisins - those I can't stand, but currants are a happy medium for us.

These oatmeal-currant cookies are the end product of our experimentation and apparently quite the hit. In the five minutes since I left the kitchen to write this for you, the cookies appear to have disappeared altogether. Lucky for me I took my pictures first!

If you are intolerant to oats, try substituting some quinoa flakes instead. 
Oatmeal-Current Cookies

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup gluten free oats
1/4 cup millet flour
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup quinoa flour
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients:
6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 flax meal egg (1 tbsp flax meal, mixed with 3 tbsp water - let sit until jell like ~5 minutes)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup coconut sugar

  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Mix dry ingredients together
  3. Mix wet ingredients in order given
  4. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients
  5. Form into balls on prepared baking sheet
  6. Press down each ball to flatten
  7. Bake for ~10 minutes
  8. Let cool

 

No comments:

Post a Comment